Tito Colliander

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
      God does not need our fasting. He does not even need our prayer. The Prefect cannot be thought of as suffering any lack or needing anything that we, the creatures of His making, could give Him. Nor does He crave anything from us, but, says John Chrysostom, He allows us to bring Him offerings for the sake of our own salvation.

      Tito Colliander
      Way of the Ascetics
    • Jose Varghese
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2010
        Hi, brothers and sisters,

        kindly remember that, fasting is not for God;
        read Psam. 12:16&21, Book of Jonah etc. etc. so many examples.

        But remember that what is fasting ; read Isa. 58:3-7

        Hoping that see you later,

        From your brother in Christ Jose Varghese
        Bahrain.

        From the desk of the Moderator:

      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
          If you think you are becoming disturbed by people or external circumstances, you have not understood your work aright: everything that at first glance appears disturbing is really given as an opportunity for practice in tolerance, patience, and obedience.

          Tito Colliander
          Way of the Ascetics