SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 46

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1502 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 46

      Page 245
      Resignation again! Mor Augen Catholicos and his followers thought
      that on 24th September that he had sound health to continue
      as `Catholicos' but on October 11th, exactly 17 days later, they
      found that he had to resign form the dignity of the Catholicos! The
      only reason – `old age'!!
      He had been too old to discharge the duties of the Catholicos! And
      what were those duties?
      Consecrating the metropolitans and Holy Mooron through the proper
      Channel. In the circumstances there were absolutely no need for
      neither! Why we dwell on the obvious motive? And how the masterminds
      of Devalokam could have the satisfaction that all powers become
      vested on Mor Mathews Athanasius!

      Mor Augen Catholicos Passes away

      Mor Augen Catholicos passed away on 8th December 1975 and was
      entombed at the Devalokam chapel. His death anniversary is
      commemorated there with a `Moonnumel Qurbana' while that of his
      predecessor is a day of pompous festival!!

      Note: How many metran kakshis know the date of the death anniversary
      of Mathews I now?
      Well… all these are the curse of the Most High on them..What else
      would be the reason?
      In spite of all the influence they put on the political and judicial
      fields the Holy Spirit in strange ways is sustaining the Jacobite
      Church in Malankara. It can only be attributed to the same faith of
      the Patriarch David in the Old Testament!
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love