SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 45

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1502 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 45

      Page244

      A Resignation!!

      The Devalokam leaders, aware of the consequences that would follow
      the excommunication of Mor Augen Catholicos and the consecration of
      Mor Baselios Paulose II , Catholicos of the East by the same
      Patriarch found it necessary that their energetic Catholicos –elect
      Mar Athanasius Mathews be consecrated immediately in the place of the
      92 year old, simple, Mor Augen Catholicos. But how? When he is alive?
      The conspirators found out a strategy – the aged Catholicos would- as
      if by his own will – first resign the Malankara Metranship, and then
      the dignity of the Catholicos and thus the first step was taken.

      Mor Augen Catholicos through a Kalpana proclaimed that he was
      resigning the Malankara Metranship, owing to "old age"!! It is
      interesting to note that his predecessor Mor Baselios Geevarghese II-
      more advanced in years- had his administration up to his expiry!!!

      To be brief, Mor Augen Catholicos had to sign the document, resigning
      his Malankara Metranship on 24th September 1975 and authorizing his
      assistant and Catholicos Designate, Mor Athanasius Mathews in his
      place. It is really deplorable, we must say, that in an Orthodox
      Church with a tradition of remaining as administrator until death, a
      Catholicos `had' to resign his Malankara Metranship `owing to old
      age' and that too brought about by the clever and evil machinations
      of his own followers, who were really responsible for his
      excommunication. His spiritual authority was nullified by the
      Patriarch and the temporal taken away by his own followers!

      Note: We normally see many IOC members boasting about traditions in the
      forum. There is a saying in the bible " First remove the log in one's
      eyes before trying to remove the speck in others' eyes".
      God has and will not forgive the cruelty the metran kakshis did to
      Mor Augen. We will see in the history book how cruel Mathews I had
      been. ……Well…. he received a taste of his own medicine during his
      final years. Wonder what will be the fate of the present Mathews II?
      Recent outbursts from the Metran Kakshi Bishops clearly put in the
      true light about their ambitions to the Throne in Devalokam. Well
      Mathews II was one among those ill-fated leadership who had sown the
      seed of discontent and lies in the Malankara Church. To what extent
      has those seeds sprouted remains to be seen.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members

        In our Lords Love