Cherian Kottayil - Prayer meeting tomorrow

  • Rev. Fr.Sabu Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2010
      Good evening everyone,

      With great sorrow I would like to inform you of the death of my very dear friend, Fr. Cherian Kottayil (at the age of 46). He was well known as a seminary teacher, Syriac scholar, poet, and an author of countless books. He passed away in a severe vehicle accident on Monday evening (Kerala time) on the way to a sermon he was about to conduct at St. Thomas Church in Manthalir, Kerala (this happens to be the "home church" of our COG uncle). We have been very close friends since childhood and we always did everything together as we grew up. I was fortunate enough to see Achen the day before he passed away while I was in India and I was only acknowledged about his death after I arrived in California. Kottayil Achen left his Kochamma and their two young children and I truly request of everyone to keep him and the grieving family in your prayers. Achen was not only one of my best friends but he was very much like my own brother. This sudden news has caused me much heartache and I am struggling with this loss.

      I will be holding a prayer meeting tomorrow at my house at 7PM and I do understand this is very last minute but I hope you will try to make it.

      Address:
      19821 Buttonwillow Drive
      Winnetka CA 91306
      Home Number: 8189933137
      Cell Number: 8186334986

      Psalms 116:15:

      Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

      Thank you
      Sabuachen