FLASH NEWS ...... FLASH NEWS ..... Fr. Cherian Kottayil expired in an accident

  • moderator_socm
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2010
      Dear All,

      With a heavy heart, we would like to inform you all the sad and sudden demise of Fr. Cherian Kottayil of Kottayam diocese, in a road accident near Panthalam. Fr. Cherian, a renowned convention speaker, singer, author and a visiting fellow of the MSOT seminary, was coming back to his home in Thiruvanchoor, Kottayam District, after a convention speech. The body is now kept at Pathanamthitta Govt. Hospital mortury and will be taken to his home by tomorrow after the postmorteum. He leaves behind his wife and two kids. More details will be followed.

      SOCM Forum Moderators
    • Rev. Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2010
        Dear moderators, It is deeply sorrowful indeed. We all are praying. Mathai Achen.

        May the Departed Soul Rest in Peace

        "Then I heard a voice from heaven say, Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." Revelation 14:13

        It is with deep regret and sympathy that that I join with all of you to pray for the departed soul of Rev. Fr. Cherian Kottayil, a renowned priest of the Syrian Orthodox Church in India and that of the Diocese of Kottayam. Let us all pray for the departed soul of this venerable Priest of the Lord. On behalf of the St. Ignatius Elias III Syrian Orthodox Church in Georgia, USA, along with the Faithful, I express deep regret and condolence to the bereaved family and pray that the departed soul of this distinguished Servant of God may Rest in Peace.

        Mseeho Deesai�k Morethkumare� Rabodh Kohne�
        Haso l�kohnaik Shamesh Rosaik Loktheshbuhatho�

        With deepest sympathy and prayers,
        Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu.
      • Fr. Philips Sankarathil
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2010
          May God comfort the departed soul of Rev. Fr. Cherian Kottayil and console his grieving Family.

          Fr. Philips
        • Kurian Mannicherry
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 16, 2010
            May his saul rest i peace