Re: Info about Miracle at Thiruvalla

  • Rev. Fr. Jerry Kurian Kodiatt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
      Dear moderator

      I read a few posts asking about what happened in St. George Simhasana church, Thiruvalla. I will first vouch for what Mr. Kurian said about the picture of St. Mary which kept getting wet and was then brought to the church by his family. The Corepiscopa Kaniyamparambil achen then kept the picture in church and the phenomenon continued for a while. The recent incident happened on Saturday, Feb 6, 2010. After qurbana a few people who were praying at the cross, which is down at the road, opposite the private bus stand, noticed a tear like substance at the picture of St. Mary and also some similar substance in the other pictures of St. Elias III bava, St. George and St. Gregorios. This brought about a huge commotion and all the people in Thiruvalla started flocking to the kurisum-thotti. I was present in Thiruvalla and went and checked it out. I also got a few pictures which I will post here later. It was decided that we would wait for our bishop, H.G. Divanasios, who informed that he would come soon. His grace arrived and after studying the phenomenon carefully, declared that this is not a miracle of any sort. The priests there (including me) informed all the people there. But the people kept coming and this continued late into the night. Nothing was seen on the next day (Sunday) and we are waiting to see whether this was a one off phenomenon.

      Fr. Jerry Kurian Kodiatt,
      ID no. 4500