Role of Peter in the Early Church (Part3)

  • Paul Philipose
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2002
      But one thing is sure. Our stand is Biblical and
      theirs is not. But we need to understand that for
      anyone who takes the word of God with seriousness,
      life is difficult. So when we suffer it is fulfilling
      our Lords word that anyone following Him should take
      the cross. We should rejoice in difficulties as it is
      a call to our Lord's ministry. There were so many
      boats in the Sea of Galilee; still our Lord choose
      Peter's boat for preaching (Luke 5:3). Boat represents
      the Church. Our Church is Peter's boat. Peter is the
      captain. We should be able to hear it and live as per
      our Lord. Any loss (money, friends etc) and sufferings
      that we may endure should be treated as a part of the
      Christian call. We should always live and act as per
      God's wish. It is testing times now. Pray that you
      stay in faith with commitment to God and with trust in
      God. Our bishops are also persecuted by Satan. If
      any one is frustrated and disappointed, Satan wins.
      Don't let this happen. Hang in there. Understand that
      offence is the best defense. Go, Go and preach to your
      friends and unbelievers and shaken believers.

      Some time in the future I will write a series on Peter
      in orthodox theology.

      Stay in prayers.
      Paul Philipose