Re: Peace Treaty

  • Mathew B
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2002
      My home parish overwhelmingly consists of Syriac
      orthodox members. I could recall an instance told by
      my father back in the 1970's, where we were given full
      right over this church. The very next Sunday, TWO
      people sat in front of the church with knives in their
      hands, refusing the entry of our priest and faithful.
      Our faithful thinking "why create problems in the
      house of God" agreed to give them a Sunday for
      worship. The IOC leaders took advantage of situations
      like this in many churches. They started their rampage
      of closing down the churches they could not control.
      What a shame. Does any one think that God will forgive
      them for purposely closing down places of worship?
      They took advantage of our compromising mentality.

      Most of the Syriac Orthodox Christians in Kerala are
      from middle class families who work hard to earn their
      meals day in and out. Our parents worked hard to build
      most of our churches. Even when adversity came, we
      were willing to share these churches. Unfortunately
      because of our generosity, we were stepped down on and
      considered as second class citizens. We did not have
      the backings of the 'rich business class' or the so
      called well 'educated' prelates. I guess this is the
      reason why the 4 former 'educated' Shepard's decided
      to deceive the syriac orthodox flock and join the well
      'educated' and 'prosperous' flock.

      We FINALLY said "Enough is enough. We will not be
      taken advantage of and be deceived. We will stand
      UNITED under our faith passed on from our
      Forefathers." This came as a HUGE surprise to the
      warring faction. They were at least hoping to gain
      back the investment deposited in the court systems
      (judges, observer etc.) during the past decades, by
      gaining control of the prominent churches. But all
      their debauched plans are tumbling down one after the
      other.

      Let us pray that the current leadership/members of IOC
      will open their eyes and see the harm they are causing
      to Christians as a whole and most importantly to Jesus
      Christ's message.

      Mathew