News update: Malankara Syriac Voice

  • Malankara Syriac Voice
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2010
      Enthronement Ceremony of Mor Philoxenos Zacharias held at Meenangadi.

      MEENANGADI: Enthronement ceremony of newly ordained metropolitan of Malabar Diocese, Mor Philoxenos Zacharias held at St. Peter's & St. Paul's JSO Cathedral here on February 08, Monday. His Beatitude Catholicos Baselios Thomas I led the service. Metropolitans, Their Graces Mor Aphrem Mathews, Dr. Mor Clemis Kuriakose, Mor Irenios Paulose and Mor Osthatheos Issac assisted Catholicos. Mor Aphrem read the Susthathikkon given by His Holiness Patriarch Ignatius Zakka I Iwas. His Beatitude inaugurated the public function held after the service. Mor Irenios presided over. Mor Aphrem, Dr. Mor Clemis, Mor Osthatheos, Mor Philoxenos, Commander Dr. T U Kuruvila MLA, Very Rev. Cor Episcopa Paulose Poomattathil, Janab Musthafa Faisy, T R Sundareswaran, Rev. Fr. Mathai Athirampuzhayil, Chev. A I Kuriakose Adukalil spoke on the occasion.

      Photos
      http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/
      Convention started at Manjanikkara.

      MANJANIKKARA: Metropolitan of Thumpamon Diocese Mor Milithios Yuhanon inaugurated the convention at Manjanikkara on Feb 09, Tuesday. Very Rev. Mathews Ramban, Very Rev. Jacob Thomas Madappattu Cor Episcopa, Rev Fr. Kuriakose Elavinamannil spoke.

      Photos
      http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/
      WCC Working Group on Evangelism meeting held at Athens.

      ATHENS, GREECE: The members of the WCC Working Group on Evangelism met in Athens, Greece in the last week of January 2010. Metropolitan of Niranam Diocese and Patriarchal Vicar of UK, Dr. Mor Coorilos Geevarghese moderated the meeting. Here the members of the group stand in front of a ruin in the ancient city of Corith. In the second picture, Dr. Mor Coorilos Geevarghese is seen standing on the mount of Areopagus, the very place where St. Paul stood and preached to the people of Athens (recorded in Acts. 17:16-34)

      Photos
      http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/
      Patriarchal honour to Rev. Fr. Jacob Michael Pulliyattel.

      MEENANGADI: Considering the dedicated service to the church, Rev. Fr. Jacob Michael Pulliyattel, Sabha Working Committee Member, Vice President - MJSSA and Vicar - St. Mary's JSO Church, Cheengeri, Malabar, is honoured with an icon, by His Holiness Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas. His Beatitude Catholicos Baselios Thomas I handed it over to him soon after the enthronement ceremony of Mor Philoxenos Zacharias at St. Peter's & St. Paul's JSO Church, here on Feb 08, Monday. Metropolitans Their Graces Mor Aphrem Mathews, Dr. Mor Clemis Kuriakose, Mor Irenios Paulose, Mor Osthatheos Issac, Mor Philoxenos Zacharias, Commander Dr. T U Kuruvila MLA, Chev. Prof. K P Thomas, priests and faithful were present.