What is Our Life? 2nd sermon

  • Rev. Fr. John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2010
      What is Our Life? 2nd sermon

      Between birth and death, both remembered and celebrated this week (Presentation of Christ in the Temple at 40 days old and the Sunday of All Departed), this second sermon continues the talk about our life in between. Using the Orthodox blessings of candles and the memorial of all the departed, the issues of spiritual life while in between in this world and then ending is revealed.

      "Now, let me depart in peace, O Lord, for my eyes have seen Thy salvation..." Song of Simeon

      "...For what is our life? It is but a vapor, which appears for a little while and then vanishes away..." James 4:14

      This sermon uses the readings and services appointed from the Malankara lectionary and was given on Sunday, February 7, 2010 by Fr John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      PODCAST OR DOWNLOAD: http://feeds.feedburner.com/frjohnbrian or http://frjohnbrian.hipcast.com/rss/spiritual_reflections_or_fr_john_brian.xml
      LISTEN ONLINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2010/02/what-is-our-life-redux.html