Re: Info about Miracle at Thiruvalla

  • Zacharia Mathews
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2010
      I have no information about this.

      It is at KATTACHIRA St. Mary's Chruch (near Kayamkulam Bus Station - 3 kms. away). Tears coming out of St. Mary's photo in October, 2009 and tremendous number of believers are visiting the church, and we one among them.

      May Mother Mary pray for us and wipe our tears.

      Zacharia Mathews
      2377
    • Kurian
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2010
        I am unaware of any recent miracle in Thiruvalla Simhasana Pally. But before six years my daughter Liya got a picture of mother Mary from her college and she kept it in the show case in our living room and in march 2004 my wife found it wet and tried to dry it in sun shine but failed. this picture was wet for several months and on august 15th morning we took this to Simhasana church to Malankara Malpan Kaniyanparambil Kurian Corepiscopa achan who had a vision about this miracle for months (Achen wrote an article on this in our magazine) this was wet for another one year and malpanachen covered this with a plastic cover and then it dried out slowly.

        This picture is still kept in Simhasan Pally and on Wednesdays there is special morning mass and prayers at the church attended by many who receive blessing.

        This is true and I am the one who gave this wet photo to Malpanachan.

        With regards
        Kurian and Mollykutty
        Thykurinjiyil
        Thiruvalla
        Now in Dammam, Saudi Arabia
      • Rev. Fr. Jerry Kurian Kodiatt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2010
          Dear moderator

          I read a few posts asking about what happened in St. George Simhasana church, Thiruvalla. I will first vouch for what Mr. Kurian said about the picture of St. Mary which kept getting wet and was then brought to the church by his family. The Corepiscopa Kaniyamparambil achen then kept the picture in church and the phenomenon continued for a while. The recent incident happened on Saturday, Feb 6, 2010. After qurbana a few people who were praying at the cross, which is down at the road, opposite the private bus stand, noticed a tear like substance at the picture of St. Mary and also some similar substance in the other pictures of St. Elias III bava, St. George and St. Gregorios. This brought about a huge commotion and all the people in Thiruvalla started flocking to the kurisum-thotti. I was present in Thiruvalla and went and checked it out. I also got a few pictures which I will post here later. It was decided that we would wait for our bishop, H.G. Divanasios, who informed that he would come soon. His grace arrived and after studying the phenomenon carefully, declared that this is not a miracle of any sort. The priests there (including me) informed all the people there. But the people kept coming and this continued late into the night. Nothing was seen on the next day (Sunday) and we are waiting to see whether this was a one off phenomenon.

          Fr. Jerry Kurian Kodiatt,
          ID no. 4500