Re: Tears in the Bible

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2010
      Dear moderators

      As Mr. Varkey rightly pointed out we could see yet another well researched article of Johnachen.

      But don't understand what interpretation somebody deserves for the miracle they compare with what happening in sabarimala and thirupathi? Over emphasis of the nationalistic label of their church is even making their priests teach the similarity and equality of our savior with mythological gods of Hinduism. If someone says Mother is lamenting for the lost souls of "IOC" can they accept? Knowledge and virtues need not lead anyone to right path but faith and love do. Arios, Narios, Nestorius etc were great and renowned brains of their time so do paalakkunnathu metrans, vattasseri metran or even evanious metran of Bethany.

      Could someone prove Parumala thirumeni did went ahead with litigation in courts without the guidance from The Above..? Yes the only difference was that HG did speak truth and only truth even if it meant loosing arguments/case in court – not like some of his false followers whose theory was/is only a verdict or destination but not the path or the principle for achieving it. If a lawyer is standing for the truth he may experience the guiding spirit – yes you need to experience it. Why to judge others unnecessarily? What is happening in Trikkunnathu is another eye opener for those who litigate and speak inside and outside the court exactly the opposite. If He values the tears of all the SOC faithful for all these years it is our firm belief that we will partake in a Holy Qurbana in that church by SOC Catholicose and Partriarch. If Mother is with us who can be against us. Let us pray that all find out the logs in their own eyes before pointing the fingers.

      Prayerfully
      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908
    • Michael Poe
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010
        Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
        Glory to God!

        Why is there so many posts of a political nature in regards to political problems within the Syrian Malankara Orthodox church and the Indian Orthodox church.It is obvious with the steps taken by the Antiochian Patriarchate to excomunicate the Indian Orthodox church that the reason for this is obvious to all and it should be left at that. To continually dwell on church politics detracts one from the life giving spiritual attention one should be devoting to prayers and living a life according to the Holy Gospel of our Lord,God,and Saviour Jesus Christ and the saving ark of our Holy Orthodox church.Our Lord instructed us in the way of divine love and for us to love Him above all else and our neighbors as ourselves. He instructed us to love oneanother to the degree that we even love those who hurt and hate us and who are our enemies. By loving our enemies they are no longer our enemies as it takes 2 to create a conflict between themselves.

        In Christ,
        Michael.
        4172
      • Jacob
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
          Michael, well said.

          Until each one of us embraces and truly lives by the words"Being in
          Christ and be His emissary", these squabbles will persist, for we humans
          are driven by possession, greed, wealth, power, fame, etc. which are not
          qualities that Christ wants us to strive for. Unlike true followers of
          Christ, all of us often forget to forgive and be compassionate. Let's
          hope we all get there one day before it is too late!

          Jacob

          ========================
          From the desk of the Moderator:

        • Michael Poe
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2010
            Dear brother in Christ Jacob,

            Glory be to God! We,being blessed as true Orthodox Christians are all members of the one body of our Lord,God and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Lord,as you so perfectly pointed out,teaches us the path and way to salvation which is love.Love is the very bedrock and foundation of the faith as our Lord expressed it so beautiful when he stared that we must love God above all else and our neighbor as ourselves.Upon this hangs all the law and the commandments.We as Orthodox Christians are called to live this life of love and make every aspect of our lives be centered upon prayer,love and bearing the fruits of the Holy Spirit by remaining Christ centured and seing everybody as a living icon of Christ and dedicating our entire life unto Him.We must also look above and beyond in love to realise that all of us who have been blessed with the true Orthodox faith to realise that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ, whether we are Oriental Orthodox (Syrian Orthodox, Syrian Malankara Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, Ethiopian Orthodox, Eretrian Orthodox, Indian Orthodox)or Eastern-Byzantine Orthodox (Greek, Russian, Antiochain, Serbian, Romainian,ect). This also includes the Church of the East and even the Eastern Rite Cathoilc churches such as the Maronites and other Orthodox churches who have went back to being under Rome because they still follow the Orthodox typicon and spiritual,mystical path. We are all one body and church and we need to realise this and act upon it in a all embracing love and sence of unity under our Lord,God and Saviour Jesus Christ,that we may abide in Him,and He in us that we may be one.

            Berek Aloho,
            In our Saviour,
            Moran Yashua Mshiho Bar Aloho,
            Shlomo,