MASOC_NA Newsletter, January 2010

  • Saju Skaria
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 12:40 PM
      Thanks be to God!
      Dear All in Christ:
      This is the second edition of the Newsletter that has been issued in
      connection with Jubilee convention of the Malankara Archdiocese of
      Syrian Orthodox Church in North America (MASOC_NA). We have received
      several constructive feedbacks on the previous edition and we tried to
      incorporate as many of them in this edition.

      While we celebrate the jubilee convention with pomp and gaiety, we
      should not forget the underlying theme of the convention, "Thanks be to God", a key message from 1 Corinthians 15:56-58, which reminds us to be stead fast in our faith knowing that our labor is not in vain in the Lord. Jesus did what He did because God is love, and needed no reward to do good. But there were other times when Jesus healed, and, like humans will do, those healed quickly went away to live their lives without God. Jesus healed ten lepers but only one returned
      to thank Him for His wondrous gift. Let's be thankful to our Lord for all the wonders He bestowed on us throughout of life's journey.

      The current Newsletter has messages from H.B. Catholica Bava, Archdiocesan leadership, Jubilee convention leadership, Youth leadership and updates from multiple Jubilee convention kick offs across North America. Parish leadership and webmasters are encouraged to publish the Newsletter and convention website in their respective parish websites. Our intent is to reach these messages across all members and families of our faithful and encourage them to participate in this historic event.

      We actively seek your inputs, advise, and feedback to make the efforts
      more successful in the coming days.

      Direct Link to the Newsletter in PDF form:
      http://www.malankaraconvention.org/Newsletter/Jan2010.pdf

      Biju Cherian, Coordinator, Publicity and Public Relations Committee

      Saju Skaria, Chief Editor,
      MASOC_NA Newsletter
      Member ID: 2373
    • Shinosh Philip
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 10:12 PM
        Hi All
        I am exited to share with you a youtube link has been uploaded from Syria,that has in it a BBC Telecast on our Holy Syriac Orthodox Church
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPButDJcAs&feature=related

        BR
        Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
        Kuwait
        4079
      • Abilash Mathew
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5 4:08 AM
          Dear Shinosh

          Thnak you for sending as the link , to the see the program at BBC about syria and our church. In future also I am expecting more lnks from you about our H. Church, may the God will bless you on the account of all of your efforts .

          Your Brother in Christ
          ABILASH MATHEW CHENGALIMATTOM
          UAE
          ID 4201