Transsubstantiation of Elements.

  • Joseph Varghese
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      I read in a book of V.Rev. Adai Jacob Coerepiscopa that our church does not believe in transubstantiation of elements ( as in the case of Catholic faith) used in the Holy Qurbana. Any one can explain what is our faith about conversion of these elements?

      Thanks
      Joseph Varghese
      4629
    • Joy Thanangadan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2010
        Dear Mr.Joseph Varghese,

        Shlomo!!

        We don't believe in Transubstantiation or Consubstantiation. The faith of the Catholic church,the substance is changed after the invocation. But in our church believes that the substance do not change, but remain as bread and wine itself.(At the same time the body and blood of Jesus Christ).Infact,it is a mystery which the human cannot see or understand through their senses.

        If you go through Kanyamparambil Achan's Sabhacharithram, you will find the description about Transubstantiation.

        Rev Dn Joshy C Abraham also explained with regards to the same subject few months back.

        Regards in HIS Name.

        Joy Thanangadan
        ID 4061