SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 43

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 43

      Page 241
      Mor Augen Baselios Catholicos excommunicated

      His Holiness, forwarding the decisions of the Holy Synod requested
      the Catholicos once again to repent and retrace. To the other
      metropolitans of the Catholicos too, the decisions were dispatched.
      In the absence of any reply from the aforesaid dignitaries, the
      Catholicos was at last Excommunicated (Patriarchal Kalpana No.
      360/75) and the metropolitans too were excommunicated (No.361-367 of
      21st August 1975). There was no other course left for an amicable
      settlement. It was with deep regret, that the peace loving,
      farsighted Patriarch acted. The whole text of the Kalpana is fully
      published in Kanyamparambil Achen's Malayalam version of the Church
      History.

      Consecration of Mor Baselios Paulose II , Catholicos of the East

      It has already been recorded that the Antioch- Malankara relation was
      retained intact in the turbulent period (1959-1964) by the self-
      sacrificing services and bitter experiences of Mor Paulose
      Philexinos; who came forward, denouncing the Catholicos' Synod, to
      safeguard the interests of the fighting faithful. His services were
      highly rewarded. The Metrapolitans unanimously elected him for the
      highest dignity of the Catholicos', under the Holy See of Antioch and
      all the East. His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Yacoub III consecrated
      Mor Paulose Philexinos as Mor Baselios Paulose II, Catholicos of the
      East on 7th September 1975 at the Patriarchal Cathedral at Damascus.

      Note: Paulose I was Maphrian of the East in the 8th Century (Bar
      Hebraeus- Ecclesiastici)