Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1440 , Jan 28, 2010
      "It is our sacred wisdom that should legitimately be called a gift of God and not a natural gift, since even simple fishermen who receive it from on high become, as Gregory the Theologian says, sons of Thunder whose word has encompassed the very bounds of the universe. By this grace, even publicans are made merchants of souls, and even the burning zeal of persecutors is transformed, making them Pauls instead of Sauls, turning away from the earth to attain 'the third heaven' and 'hear ineffable things.' By this true wisdom we too can become conformed to the image of God and continue to be such after death."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends." 2 Corinthians 10:18
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1440 of 1440 , Jul 29

        "The Word of God then itself endured all in the flesh, while His divine nature which alone was passionless remained void of passion. For since the one Christ, Who is a compound of divinity and humanity, and exists in divinity and humanity, truly suffered, that part which is capable of passion suffered as it was natural it should, but that part which was void of passion did not share in the suffering. For the soul, indeed, since it is capable of passion shares in the pain and suffering of a bodily cut, though it is not cut itself but only the body: but the divine part which is void of passion does not share in the suffering of the body."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all god."  Psalm 135:5

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad