MOSC and East Syrian Church

  • Paul Joshy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2010
      Dear All,

      I had sent a posting to the Orthodox forum about the relatioship bwtween MOSC and the East Syrian church, of whom MOSC claims as the forefathers of Malankara Sabha, but the moderators of that forum sunk the messsage. Now I am posting the same in this form and expect those Orthodox people who read SOCM forum might response to this message. The message is given below

      (Quote)

      "Many people in this forum(ICON) as well as in other Orthodox pblication have written that during the pre-1653 (Koonan Kurishu Satyam) period Malanakra Church had been followed the relationship with the East Syrian Church established by St. Thomas, which is now known as Assyrian Church of the East and Chaldean Syrian Church in India. The Patriarch and all other bishops of the Assyrian Church(East Syrian Church) were in India in last week and had a global synod in Trichur. But neither the Assyrian Patriarc or any other bishop visited Devalokam nor MOSC leadership officially met them. There was no official communication so far, why didn't they meet,
      if MOSC is a desendant of the Assyrian Churh there should have been a
      reciprocal visits. Where is the so called "unity in Orthodox communion"? Is it the purported relationship of Malankara Sabha and East Syrian Church is just to negate the tradition of Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch?".

      (unquote)

      J M. Paul