Re: Peace Treaty

  • Dr.BINU MATHEW K.THOMAS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2002
      Dear Mr.Thomas,

      I completely agree with you in your suggestion of all St.Thomas
      Christians of India being united in Christ. All denominations will
      have different opinion and faith as per tradition and different
      biblical interpretations, but so long as we believe that Jesus is
      the Lord and we became christians due to the suffering of St.Thomas
      and all the holyfathers who loved malankara , we are one .It does not
      mean to bring everybody under one leader like Pope (if it happens ,it is
      verygood ), but communion can still happen between the churches , without
      sacrificing their nature,tradition and faith .(as it is already there between
      the different rites of Catholic churches, Thozhiyur church and MarThoma church
      and CSI churches )

      By the way , let me take this oppurtunity to use this forum to announce that
      we the christians in this part of UK is praying and planning to have a
      St.Thomas Ecumenical Indian ( Malankara ) church here in Belfast in the near
      future , having all our church leaders like Baselios Mathews 2nd , Baselios
      Thomas 1st , MarThoma Metropolitan, Arch Bishop of Syro Malankara, Major Arch
      Bishop of Syro Malabar, Metropolitan of Thozhiur , Chaldean Metropolitan ,
      Moderator Bishop of CSI ,and also evangelists like P.G.Vargis as Patrons of
      this church. I am sure it is possible. Please do not think that any one is
      going to convert anybody to another church, but it is possible in the love
      of christ for all of us to worship together , as we are brothers of the same
      family . Let us hope that the new year will bring peace in our churches .
      Thanks,

      Dr.Binu Mathew K.Thomas