St. Athanasious Paulose - January 26

  • Vineeth John Abraham
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2010
      Church celebrates the memory of Mor Athanasious Paulose on January 26.
      It is a great blessing for Syrian Orthodox Church in the year 2010,
      that we got the opportunity to conduct prayers at Our Fathers' resting
      place this year. After the long 32 years the gates of Thrikunath
      Seminary opened for us. Many Thanks to our Lord.

      St. Athanasious Paulose popularly known as 'Valiya Thirumeni',
      is one of the luminous stars of the Syriac Orthodox Church, who as the
      head of the Church in India, successfully guided its destiny for nearly
      four decades. It was his firm faith, persistent efforts and ardent
      prayers that helped the Malankara Syrian community to maintain their
      ancient links with the Holy See of Antioch. Valiya Thirumeni is the founder father of many of the spiritual organizations like
      Sunday School Association, Mor Gregorios Youth Association etc..
      Consecrated as Metropolitan for the Angamali diocese in 1910 by
      Patriarch Mor Ignatius Abded `Aloho (Abdulla II), he became the
      Malankara Metropolitan of the Jacobite Syrian Church in 1918. After
      serving the Church in Malankara for more than four decades, he passed
      away on 25th January 1953 at the age of 84.
      Its is a blessing to read and learn more about Our Holy father in this day. Let his Intercessions and prayers be with us.

      To read more about him
      http://www.syrianchurch.org/bio/ValiyaThirumeni.htm

      Thanks and Regards

      Vineeth, Abraham