Help Haiti - Saint Ephrem Mission

  • Rev. Fr. Dale A. Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2010
      Dear moderators,

      Saint Ephrem Mission, a division of Dominican Outreach is 40 miles from the border of Haiti. I just returned from visiting sites to prepare for refugees. Thousands are fleeing the country and crossing the border. We have 40 Haitian orphans we are assisting. Help! We have sent 30 tons of supplies and have been donated land to build school and longterm solutions.
      One of our teachers is reported missing. She teaches some of our Haitian children.

      We would welcome donations through PAYPAL. We are the only Syriac Orthodox presence on the island.

      See http://www.dominicanoutreach.webs.com
      or
      http://www.Saintephrem.webs.com for updates.

      Father Dale A. Johnson
      Dominican Outreach
      Saint Ephrem Mission
    • Dr. Thomas Joseph
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
        Barekhmor Rev. Fr. Dale Johnson,

        Thanks for the labor of love among the unfortunate victims of the earthquake. It is heartening that there is a Syriac Orthodox mission that is helping the Haitians in distress under your leadership and I hope that at least those of us on this list in the neighborhood in the Americas rise to the occasion and offer what we can to those suffering in one of the worst calamities man has seen in recent times.

        I see that you prefer to receive payments by PayPal. Do you have an alternate arrangement? (I stopped using PayPal after a phishing attempt). It would be ideal if you have an US-based address to which contributions can be made.

        Regards,
        Thomas Joseph
        ID: 0202

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Rev. Fr. Dale A. Johnson wrote:

        > Dear moderators,
        >
        > Saint Ephrem Mission, a division of Dominican Outreach is 40 miles from the border of Haiti. I just returned from visiting sites to prepare for refugees. Thousands are fleeing the country and crossing the border. We have 40 Haitian orphans we are assisting. Help! We have sent 30 tons of supplies and have been donated land to build school and longterm solutions.
        > One of our teachers is reported missing. She teaches some of our Haitian children.
        >
        > We would welcome donations through PAYPAL. We are the only Syriac Orthodox presence on the island.
        >
        > See http://www.dominicanoutreach.webs.com
        > or
        > http://www.Saintephrem.webs.com for updates.
        >
        > Father Dale A. Johnson
        > Dominican Outreach
        > Saint Ephrem Mission
      • Binu Aramath
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2010
          Dear Rev. Fr. Dale Johnson,

          I have also tried the website you provided but is not currently working. Please provide an alternate arrangement for contributions.

          Thank you
          Binu Aramath

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2010
            Dear Moderators / Thomas / Binu,

            For those who do not want to use PAYPAL, a check can be sent to Martha Johnson PO Box 39 Ridgefield, Wa. 98642. Please note in memo section Saint Ephrem Mission.

            By the way I have Good News. Dr. Ilyas Gunduz and a dental team from Holland will be here in the Dominican Republic on Sunday. They will treat 1500 poor children, many of them will be Haitian. Dr. Gunduz is originally from Tur Abdn. I am so thrilled as a priest who has been doing this lonely work for many years among the poor to have a fellow Syriac Orthodox believer working with me this week.

            Remain in Peace
            Father Dale A. Johnson