Bishop Nikolai Velimirovich

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2010
      His
      descent is hidden like the descent of Melchisedek. It was hidden from the Jews
      and is always hidden from the unbelieving; but for us, the faithful, it is no
      longer hidden. We know that He is 'light of light, very God of very God,
      begotten, not made' [cf. Nicene Creed]. Thus He is in eternity. We know that He
      was 'born of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary' and appeared in the world as
      man, as God-made- man. Thus He is in time. His birth, then, both in heaven and
      on earth, in eternity and in time, is strange, mysterious, glorious and
      majestic.

      Bishop
      Nikolai Velimirovich, The
      Prologue from Ochrid, Vol. 3, p. 260
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
        As all realities of the universe, with their quality and effects, are only symbols of spiritual reality, so also is worldly love. That which people on earth have called "love" in reality is only a pale symbol of true divine love.

        Bishop Nikolai Velimirovich, Lessons in Divine and Christian Love
        From: The Lament of Eve