Re: PEACE IN MALANKARA CHURCH

  • Kuruvila Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2002
      Dear brother Kuriakose,
      I cant agree with ur statement that IOC is for
      peace.I used to visit the Jacobite churches at Kundara and
      Kottarakkara.The Kundara church was closed due to the factional fight
      decades back.Jacobite faction comprises of almost 450 families and
      the Orthodox faction comprises of only 12 families.Its because of the
      evil acts of the 12 families and the then Kollam Diocese Bishop
      Koorilose(present Catholica Bava) made this church closed.The
      current pathetic situation of the church will certainly prompt one to
      curse those who had committed this misdeed.The parishioners all
      belong to a single family and their forefathers had built the church.
      But i really felt embarassed when i happened to see one of my friend
      there broke to tears while talking about the church.Its really heart
      breaking to see the old church facing destruction. The Catholica is
      not going to loose anything if that church remains closed or
      destructed.The parishioners are the real losers.Now they are building
      up a new church near the old one and its nearing completion.Same is
      the case with the church at kottarakkara.It was also an old church
      that was closed during the reign of Koorilose(Catholica).It was shut
      for 12 years.By the time several members joined Malankara Catholic
      church but the true belivers remained with the mother church.Now they
      are back into the track after 12 years of court procedures and mental
      agony.It is after the reign of Coorilose those people could breath
      some fresh air.It is easy to preach peace sitting at Devalokam and
      Bombay..It will be unjust to blame these innocent people for their
      faith(whatever it may be)and glorify those people who are making
      troubles filing suits against their faith.So pls understand the
      ground realities and comment.U mentioned that kuraikose form
      Muvattupuzha has changed after joining the Othodox church he has
      changed a lot.We cant say that what he has done is true and the rest
      are false. He loves to play wit the safer side.thats it.
      > and we can see from the posting and feel the
      phrase "Mullapoompodiattu
      > kedakkunna kallinum ondu sowribham" See from the writing Mr. KG,
      > learned the Orthodox Church and people wishes peace in the
      community
      > and they pray for it.

      The Orthodox people are not at all affected by the dispute.Their
      churches are intact.So it is easy to sit and pray for peace.
      Talk to the parishioners of the closed churches.They will convey you
      what is the real problem.
      rgds
      Kuruvila Thomas
      St.Peter's Syrian Simhasana Church