SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 40

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 40

      Page 237

      Devalokam was resolute to frustrate the peace atmosphere. News
      published in the Malayala Manorama, that on the report, that the
      Patriarch would be visiting Malankara, the Home Ministry asked the
      Indian Embassy in Damascus not to issue any kind of Visa to the
      Patriarch, without the Government of India's advice, infuriated the
      faithful to the core. Those who shouted `Hosanna' in 1964 were
      shouting `Crucify' in 1974!! None other than themselves can explain
      their illogical stand: - Patriarch has authority to consecrate but no
      authority to question the consecrated!

      Note: History repeated itself in 200 AD during the Private visit of
      HH Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas to India to commemorate the 50th Year of
      the High Priest Hood of Abraham Mor Clemis. May I recall the words of
      the Disgraced Chenganoor MLA, Sobhana Gorge, who said that she would
      fight tooth and nail against the arrival and she would do everything
      influential in her capacity as MLA to thwart this visit. Mathews Mor
      Severios, the metran kakshi bishop went on record that the metran
      kakshi Church would at any cost prevent the Holy Patriarch from
      setting foot on Indian soil. Compare this to the Devalokam Bava's
      statement a few months back that he respects and acknowledges the
      Patriarch!! All these contradictions will only bring to naught
      whatever (miniscule) recognition they have in this part of the world.
      And what was the result of those who made such heretic and
      sacrilegious statements? Sobhana George's political years are pretty
      over and as for Mathews Mor Severios, he never ceases to humor the
      malayalis with his contradictions! And as for Balakrisha Pillai,
      look at his Political future now.