Re: Baroda Church

  • Joy Thanangadan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
      Dear Brothers&Sisters,

      As I understand you have embarked up on a noble venture of construction of the church with the blessings of the Almighty God, and the support and prayers of the members of the church and well wishers.

      With continuous prayer and the help from JSO members and other well wishers you can realize the proposed Church Construction Project.
      All our Kind gesture will go a long way in fulfilling the spiritual needs of the people in Baroda. Every body who all are helping in this noble purpose will be rewarded for their kind offerings in many folds by the Lord.

      I strongly recommend to Co operate and help them to make their worship facilities more pleasant.

      Dear Achan(Rev.Fr.C.P.Varghese),
      Shlomo!
      As achan has mentioned about 50% of the IOC church members are our people including the family members of some of our clergy. IOC have a big church of 500+ members, 4 chapels, 6 HS schools and other institutions where as we do not even have a chapel of ours. Many had parted ways and joined Marthoma and RC churches.

      In this dangerous scenario, we all need to strongly high light to our Catholicose and all our Metropolitans.

      Of course, we must also work hard together along with the leaders of our Church to make it worth while.

      Achan, we appreciate your sincerity and dedication towards our holy church. For fund raising from other church especially from outside India, Need to issue the "KALAPANA"from our Catholicose and respective diocese bishops.

      I don't think otherwise no church and members will entertain this request.

      Baroda is a fast growing city in the western area. We need to have strong basement since we don't have any single church.
      With God's mercy and blessings, your dream will come true as you all are going to construct God's house.
      We all will pray to own and build a place of worship in Baroda.

      Regards in HIS Name.

      Joy Thanangadan
      ID 4061

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varghese Plathanath Varghese wrote:

      > Dear all,

    • Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        Shlomo to dear brother Joy,

        Thank you very much for the suggestions and concerns raised. We have already appraised the situation in the diocesan council. Though our Mumbai Diocese is in it's infancy, our bishop H.E Eusebious Thirumeni and the development committee have studied and assured all possible help.

        Our beloved Catholica bava thirumeni have already issued the necessary bull which is cited in the appeal. The same was published in MSV. Few of our SOCM members have already contributed to this noble cause and we pray for them. Since we are reaching the deadline of agreement for the plot we need to mobilise the funds soon.

        Dear brother if you can give mail id / address we will send the soft/hard copies of the same.

        For SMJSOC Baroda,

        Johnson