2 new bishops for Malankara Archdiocese

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
      2 new bishops for Malankara Archdiocese

      His Holiness the Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas approved the recommendation of the Holy Synod of Malankara, the names of Rev. Fr. Zacharia T. I, Mor Gregorian Centre Thoothootty Kottayam and Rev. Fr. Saji Thomas Pachilikkattu, as bishops for Malankara.

      The Ordination of 2 new bishops for Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church will be celebrated at St. Athanasius Cathedral, Puthencuriz on Monday, 4th January 2010 at 08:30 hrs. H.B. Baselios Thomas I will be the chief celebrant, assisted by all bishops from Malankara.

      Brief Biography of the Bishop Designate Rev. Fr. Zacharia T. I,
      http://socmnet.org/Fr_Zacharia_Therambil.pdf

      Brief Biography of the Bishop Designate Rev. Fr. Saji Thomas Pachilikkattu
      http://socmnet.org/Fr_Saji_Thomas_Pachilikkattu.pdf

      SOCM News Bureau - Puthencuriz
    • Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
        Glory to GOD.

        It is a happy news that two dedicated and good priests are selected as bishops to serve the church. Let GOD Almighty give them the power to upkeep their spirituality throughout their lives.

        I have a humble question. Why we do the ordination so hastely? Are we afraid of any legal actions which may get initiated by the IOC?. Why not we let our bishop designates to follow the path of our LORD and fathers like St. Gregorious that they shall live exclusively with GOD for forty days?

        In HIS Love,

        Johnson