Baroda Church

  • Varghese Plathanath Varghese
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2009
      Dear all,

      I invite your attention to the request posted by Rev. Fr. C.P. Varghese  on behalf of our faithfuls  at Baroda (posted in Malankara Syriac voice

      By the grace of almighty, I along with my family attended the Christmas service at St.Mary's church Baroda. My sister and family is also a member of Baroda Church. Rev. Fr. C.P.Varghese's leadership and effort is highly appreciable. The faith and courage shown by our brothers and their families at Baroda is laudable. Of course their prayers will be answered. It is our bounden duty to help them to build a Church at Baroda, more particularly it is the need of the hour (I was informed that more than 40% jacobites are members/ attending IOC churches due to lack of JSO Church at Baroda). I humbly request all Jacobites particularly our Metropolitans,Vicars and Managing Committees of US, UK and other European Dioceses and Gulf Churches to extend a helping hand to our Brothers at Baroda.

      P.V.Varghese
      New Delhi
    • Johnson Baroda
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2009
        Dear brother in Christ,

        Thank you for your good will and gesture.

        Johnson Baroda

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varghese Plathanath Varghese wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > I invite your attention to the request posted by Rev. Fr. C.P. Varghese  on behalf of our faithfuls  at Baroda (posted in Malankara Syriac voice

      • Joy Thanangadan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
          Dear Brothers&Sisters,

          As I understand you have embarked up on a noble venture of construction of the church with the blessings of the Almighty God, and the support and prayers of the members of the church and well wishers.

          With continuous prayer and the help from JSO members and other well wishers you can realize the proposed Church Construction Project.
          All our Kind gesture will go a long way in fulfilling the spiritual needs of the people in Baroda. Every body who all are helping in this noble purpose will be rewarded for their kind offerings in many folds by the Lord.

          I strongly recommend to Co operate and help them to make their worship facilities more pleasant.

          Dear Achan(Rev.Fr.C.P.Varghese),
          Shlomo!
          As achan has mentioned about 50% of the IOC church members are our people including the family members of some of our clergy. IOC have a big church of 500+ members, 4 chapels, 6 HS schools and other institutions where as we do not even have a chapel of ours. Many had parted ways and joined Marthoma and RC churches.

          In this dangerous scenario, we all need to strongly high light to our Catholicose and all our Metropolitans.

          Of course, we must also work hard together along with the leaders of our Church to make it worth while.

          Achan, we appreciate your sincerity and dedication towards our holy church. For fund raising from other church especially from outside India, Need to issue the "KALAPANA"from our Catholicose and respective diocese bishops.

          I don't think otherwise no church and members will entertain this request.

          Baroda is a fast growing city in the western area. We need to have strong basement since we don't have any single church.
          With God's mercy and blessings, your dream will come true as you all are going to construct God's house.
          We all will pray to own and build a place of worship in Baroda.

          Regards in HIS Name.

          Joy Thanangadan
          ID 4061

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varghese Plathanath Varghese wrote:

          > Dear all,

        • Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
            Shlomo to dear brother Joy,

            Thank you very much for the suggestions and concerns raised. We have already appraised the situation in the diocesan council. Though our Mumbai Diocese is in it's infancy, our bishop H.E Eusebious Thirumeni and the development committee have studied and assured all possible help.

            Our beloved Catholica bava thirumeni have already issued the necessary bull which is cited in the appeal. The same was published in MSV. Few of our SOCM members have already contributed to this noble cause and we pray for them. Since we are reaching the deadline of agreement for the plot we need to mobilise the funds soon.

            Dear brother if you can give mail id / address we will send the soft/hard copies of the same.

            For SMJSOC Baroda,

            Johnson