Through Dark Times

  • Rev. Fr. Johnbrian
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2009
      Through Dark Times

      In the Northern Hemisphere, it is the darkest time of the year. This homiletic sermon talks about the dark and confusing times that come and how we get through them.

      We are assured that we will be able to get through difficult and dark times.

      "...[God] will not suffer you to be tempted beyond your endurance; but will make a way for you to escape your temptation, so that you will be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

      "They shall not be weary nor stumble..." Isaiah 5:27

      "....and it was revealed to [Joseph] in a dream to go to the land of Galilee." Matthew 2:22

      This sermon uses the readings appointed from Isaiah 5; 1 Corinthians 10; and Matthew 2. The scripture readings are from the Malankara lectionary.

      This sermon given on Sunday, December 27 2009 by Fr John Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      LISTEN ONLINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2009/12/through-dark-times.html