Re: Cheppaud Church - Picture of Sacred Heart

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2009
      Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,I've seen a wide spread use of Roman Catholic types of images of our Lord,God,and Saviour Jesus Christ,The Holy Theotokos,and the saints in numerable Oriental Orthodox churches,sometimes right next to proper,true,Orthodox icons which are painted in a very special way,according to a very specific manner in all holiness and mystical purity.Orthodox icons are theology in picture and windows to heaven.The Roman Cathoilc imagery is not ever supposed to be in a proper Orthodox Christian church.You would never ever see roman catholic types of images used  or in an Eastern Orthodox church.I love the beauty and majesty of the Oriental Orthodox churches but western style,roman catholic imagery has no place in a Orthodox church,period.In Christ,
      Michael.
      4172.