God bless all with that divine happiness and peace this Christmas

  • Rev. Fr.Dr.Biji Chirathilattu
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2009
      Dear All

      Another Christmas season has its peak time now. And with that the time is come, when majority of the shop keepers sell the most (in spite of the financial crisis!) and get the best profits-at least in the part of the world where I live. When we see the business mindedness in selling the birth of the Lord, we wonder often why we should celebrate it all. In a TV interview here a young woman was asked "what is Christmas?" And she answered promptly" it is the celebration of the death of Jesus"!!. The Cardinal of Vienna inspired an Advertisement agency last year to put posters every where in Austria with the words "At Christmas Jesus Christ is born". We have to celebrate Christmas every year because the world has forgotten that fact. YES, Christmas is certainly the feast of the birth our God and Lord in a manger for all the mankind. It is the feast which gives us all an assurance that we will not be lost to the sin for ever. It is an assurance that God will save us even by humbling Himself to the status of a human child in a manger. It is the peace and happiness of that divine assurance which makes Christmas ever significant. May God bless all with that divine happiness and peace this Christmas. Kindly take at least a few minutes of our Christmas time to meditate and understand that love. Otherwise all this celebration will be a farce.

      With Love and Prayers
      Fr.Dr.Biji Chirathilattu ,
      Vicar, St.Basil Yeldho MSO Congregation,
      Vienna, Austria