Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1330 , Dec 9, 2009
      "What then do we say about our admiration of the life of the Saints when the Ancient Fathers themselves, considering the life of the preachers of Holy Church, admired them exceedingly? And did not the Psalmist admire their lives when he said: 'But to me, exceedingly honorable are Thy friends, O Lord; their principalities are made exceeding strong' (Ps. 138:17)? Ask what it says about His friends in the Gospel in which Truth says to the preachers: 'Ye are My friends' (Jn. 15:14)."

      Saint Gregory the Great.

      Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation? 2 Corinthians 11:29
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1330 of 1330 , Feb 5 8:19 PM

        "Jonah was fleeing from the face of God, or rather, thought that he was fleeing: but he was overtaken by the sea, and the storm, and the lot, and the whale’s belly, and the three days’ entombment, the type of a greater mystery. He fled from having to announce the dread and awful message to the Ninevites, and from being subsequently, if the city was saved by repentance, convicted of falsehood: not that he was displeased at the salvation of the wicked, but he was ashamed of being made an instrument of falsehood, and exceedingly zealous for the credit of prophecy, which was in danger of being destroyed in his person, since most men are unable to penetrate the depth of the Divine dispensation in such cases."

           St. Gregory Nazianzen.

        "For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods."  Psalm 96:4

        Prayer Requests:

        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness