References from Holy Bible to the Nicene-Creed

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2009
      We recite the Nicene Creeed (Vishwasa Pramanam) druing the Holy Qurbana and in all our prayers.

      This Creed which was prepared with great wisdom and prudence, as well as with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, by the Church Fathers at the First Ecumenical Council or Synod in the city of Nicea, in AD 325 and the last five articles added to it by the Church Fathers at Second Ecumenical Council – Synod took place in Constantinople, in AD 381.

      I recently saw the following, where you can see the references from Holy Bible to the Nicene-Creed, and wanted to share it with you all.

      I believe in (Romans 10: 8-10; 1 John 4: 15)
      One God (Deuteronomy 6: 4, Ephesians 4: 6)
      Father (Matthew 6: 9)
      Almighty, (Exodus 6: 3)
      Creator of heaven and earth, (Genesis 1: 1)
      and of all things visible and invisible; (Colossians 1: 15-16) and in one Lord, Jesus Christ, (Acts 11: 17)
      Son of God (Matthew 14: 33; 16: 16)
      begotten (John 1: 18; 3: 16)
      begotten of the Father before all ages; (John 1: 2)
      Light of Light (Psalm 27: I; John 8: 12; Matthew 17: 2,5)
      true God of true God, (John 17: 1-5)
      of one essence with the Father, (John 10: 30)
      through Whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1: 1-2)
      Who for us and for our salvation (I Timothy 2: 4-5)
      came down from the heavens ((John 6: 33,35)
      and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, (Luke 1: 35)
      and became man. (John 1: 14)
      Crucified for us (Mark 15: 25; I Corinthians 15: 3)
      under Pontius Pilate, (John 1: 14)
      He suffered, (Mark 8: 31)
      and was buried; (Luke 23: 53; I Corinthians 15: 4)
      Rising on the third day according to the Scriptures, (Luke 24: 1; 1 Cor. 15: 4)
      And ascending into the heavens, (Luke 24: 51; Acts 1: 10)
      He is seated at the right hand of the Father; (Mark 16: 19; Acts 7: 55)
      And coming again in glory (Matthew 24: 27)
      to judge the living and dead, (Acts 10: 42; 2 I Timothy 4: 1)
      His kingodom shall have no end; (2 Peter 1: 11)
      And in the holy Spirit, (John 14: 26)
      Lord (Acts 5: 3-4)
      the Giver of life, (Genesis 1: 2)
      Who proceeds from the Father, (John 15: 26)
      Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, (Matthew 3: 16-17)
      Who spoke through the prophets; (I Samuel 19: 20; Ezekiel 11: 5, 13)
      In one, (Matthew 16: 18)
      holy, (I Peter 2: 5, 9)
      catholic (Mark 16: 15)
      and apostolic Church; (Acts 2: 42; Ephesians 2: 19-22)
      I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins; (Ephesians 4: 5)
      I expect the resurrection of the dead; (John 11: 24; I Cor. 15: 12-49)
      And the life of the age to come. (Mark 10: 29-30)
      Amen. (Psalm 106:48)

      Reading and understanding this, gave an altogether new meaning to the Vishwasa Pramanam for me.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      # 0929
    • Cecil.K.Varghese
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2009
        Dear Mathew,
        Marvelous research! Thank You for sharing the valued info. Please come up with new findings in the future also.

        Thanks and regards
        Cecil.K.Varghese
        ID#890
        Houston
      • Johnson Mannathoor
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2009
          Dear All,

          The malayalam full reference of Vishwasa pramanam is available in the book 'Rakshikkappeduvan njan Enthu Cheyyaanam?' by our Malphono and Syriac poet of India Very Rev. Kaniamparambil achen.

          This english version can be circulated among our faithful so that they can come closer to the Word of GOD.

          In His name,

          Johnson Mannathoor

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Cecil.K.Varghese wrote:

          > Dear Mathew,
          > Marvelous research! Thank You for sharing the valued info. Please come up with new findings in the future also.
          >
          > Thanks and regards
          > Cecil.K.Varghese
          > ID#890
          > Houston

        • Georgey Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 9, 2009
            It is wonderful.
            I encourage you to read two books written by our beloved Kaniyamparampil Achen.
            1. Rakshikappeduvan Njana Enthu Cheyyanam
            2. Puthiya Niyama Vyakhyanam.

            these two books will give you a lot of information.
            Regards
            Georgey