Cyril of Jerusalem

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
      strange and inconceivable thing! We did not really die, we were not really buried, we were not really crucified and raised again, but our imitation was but a figure, while our salvation is in reality. Christ was actually crucified, and actually buried, and truly rose again; and all these things have been vouchsafed to us, that we, by imitation communicating in His sufferings, might gain salvation in reality.

      Cyril of Jerusalem, On the Christian Sacraments