Official fund raising - Rev. Fr. Mathew Kurian Naduvilekkara

  • H.E Thomas Mor Themotheos
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2009
      Blessings to all participants of the SOCM Forum

      Dear in Christ,

      First of all let me wish you all the seasons greetings. I want to bring to your notice the situation of Rev. Fr. Mathew Kurian Naduvilekkara, who has been admitted in the Christian Medical College, Hospital Vellore.Fr Mathew who serves in the St George's Church Parathodu, hails from the Kallunkathara Church, Kottayam. Achen became suddenly sick and was first admitted in the Mundakapadm Mandiram Hospital Manganam. Doctors advised him to be taken either to Vellore or Amritha Hospital Ernakulam. And in accordance to that, he was taken to Vellore where it was diagnosed that he is suffering from Acute myeloid leukemia (AML), a particular type of cancer in the blood. This is very much a curable disease if proper treatment is given. Achen needs several courses of Chemotherapy and on later stage bone marrow transplantation.

      After completion of above mentioned treatments, periodic medical attention from C.M.C. Hospital Vellore is needed. Since we have Santwana Counseling and Guidance Centre in Vellore, continued medical treatment could be given properly by Achen's stay there.

      Since Rev. Father Mathew Kurian Naduvilekkara is not able to meet the expenses, a collection is already launched for him. I request all of you to send your donations to the following account: Vicar, St. Joseph's Cathedral, LBS Road, Kottayam1. SB A/c No. 67034816976 (State Bank of Travancore, SME Branch, LBS Road, Kottayam). All donations shall be used for the medical treatment of Fr. Mathew Kurian .

      I understand that already some people have announced Achen's illness through the website and called for support. I appreciate those noble gestures and thank them for that.

      Kindly note that the Kottayam Diocese of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Church is mobilizing all benevolent people for the medical treatment of Achen. SOCM friends may use the above mentioned A/c No. and remit donations for the purpose.

      May God Almighty bless you all.
      Thomas Themotheos
      Metropolitan
      (Kottayam Diocese)