Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1935 , Dec 2, 2009
      "Those that forever seek our soul do so through bad thoughts that they may throw it into some sin of thought or deed. When therefore they find the mind unreceptive, then will they be ashamed and confounded; but when they find it given over to spiritual contemplation, then will they be turned back and utterly put to shame in short order."

      St. Maximus the Confessor.

      "For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it? " 1 Corinthians 4:7
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1935 of 1935 , Aug 15 5:27 PM

        "If you cannot go without eating all day because of an ailment of the body, beloved one, no logical man will be able to criticize you for that. Besides, we have a Lord who is meek and loving (philanthropic) and who does not ask for anything beyond our power. Because he neither requires the abstinence from foods, neither that the fast take place for the simple sake of fasting, neither is its aim that we remain with empty stomachs, but that we fast to offer our entire selves to the dedication of spiritual things, having distanced ourselves from secular things."

        St. John Chrysostom, Homilies on Fasting.

        "But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."  Acts 20:24

        The Bible reading for the 10th of Misra, August 16, is:
        35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying, Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask. 36 And He said to them, What do you want Me to do for you? 37 They said to Him, Grant us that we may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on Your left, in Your glory. 38 But Jesus said to them, You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? 39 They said to Him, We are able. So Jesus said to them, You will indeed drink the cup that I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized; 40 but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared. 41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be greatly displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. 44 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:35-45)
        Martyrdom of St. Matra.
        Martyrdom of St. Pigebs (Bekhebs).

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Misra, August 17, is: John 16:20-33
        Departure of St. Moisis, Bishop of Ouseem.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.