Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      The day when God is absent, when He is silent - that is the
      beginning of prayer. Not when we have a lot to say, but when we say to God I can't
      live without You.

      Metropolitan Anthony Bloom
      Beginning to Pray
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19 5:23 PM
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

        She [the Church] sees not only the world darkened by sin but the world transfigured, in which the resurrection and eternal life are already present.

        Metropolitan Anthony Bloom
        Courage to Pray
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21 7:38 PM
          Christ is Risen! + Truly, He is Risen!

          It was in the light of the Resurrection that I could read with certainty the story of the Gospel, knowing that everything was true in it because the impossible event of the Resurrection was to me more certain than any event in history.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
            What we must start with, if we wish to pray, is the certainty that we are sinners in need of salvation, that we are cut off from God and that we cannot live without Him and that all we can offer God is our desperate longing to be made such that God will receive us, receive us in repentance, receive us with mercy and with love.

            Metropolitan Anthony Bloom, Beginning to Pray
          • Mark Sedrak
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
              Prayer is the search for God, encounter with God, and is going beyond this encounter in communion. Thus it is an activity, a state and also a situation; a situation both with respect to God and to the created world.

              Metropolitan Anthony Bloom, Courage to Pray