Judas Iscariot and the First Holy Qurbono

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2009
      I am obliged to draw your kind attention to I Corinthians 11:17—34, Saul (Hebrew name used in Acts up to Ch13:9), which name is the same as .Paul (Greek name used in Acts from Ch13:9) who became a Christian after the ascension of our Lord, got first hand information (directly) from our Lord after his conversion, about the celebration of the first Holy Qurbono by our Lord Himself. (I Cor. 11:23). St.Paul says with authority that ”…if anyone eats the Lord’s Bread or drinks from His Cup in a way that dishonours Him, he is guilty of sin against the Lord’s Body and Blood “ We have no doubt about the fact that Judas Iscariot was engrossed in his thoughts, looking for a proper place, time and methodology to betray Jesus; his mind and soul was elsewhere when he participated in the first Holy Qurbono. The guilt of sin in relation to the Holy Qurbono is the reason for weakness, illness, death and condemnation (I Cor. 11:30 & 31). The Holy Qurbono is a double edged sword; one edge gives salvation and the other death. So every one has to handle carefully the double edged sword relying on His Grace. Dweaashikkunno-n so-darane thinneetan ithu paatilla ( Sodarane dweaashikkunnavan ithu thinnaan paatilla). Judas was working against his Lord Jesus and his dweaasham against the Lord let alone against his brother is evident. He actually participated in the Holy Communion but with sinful thoughts in his mind and therefore he had to endure death and condemnation

      Note: There is a notion that Our Lord Jesus converted Saul into Paul… No…. It is the domination of Greek language that changed the name. (Please see Acts 13:9) The Greek changed Messiah to Christ, Kepha into Peter, Saul into Paul(ose),Yeaazu into Jesus and so on. If we Malayalees were to follow the example of the Greek, our Lord Yeaazu would have been known as Rekshakan, Kepfa as Paara, Messiah as Abhishikthan and so on. Incidentally I may add Yo-zuva (Joshua) is the same as Yeaazu (Jesus). In Syriac, the same name “Yeaazu” is given to Joshua and Jesus and to distinguish one from the other the name given to Joshua is always Yeaazu Bar Nun (Jesus son of Nun) and that of our Lord “Yeaazu Bar Aaloho (Jesus Son of God) The Muslims anywhere in the world call their God “Allaah” which they never translate into different languages. Then why can’t we call our Lord God “AALO-HO” not being inclined to translate proper-names from the original languages? Allah and Aaloho from Arabic and Syriac respectively are the same with common consonants and different vowels, Syriac and Arabic both being Semitic Languages

      V T John ID # 3085
    • Solomon Wondimu
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2009
        Dear List

        I am the member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church (here after, EOC). According to the EOC Tradition and Church Scholars teaching Judah had partaken the Holy Eucharist at the Last Supper. According to the teaching of EOC Tradition and the Church Scholars ,The Holy Eucharist is a fire that has two duties , for those who confessed their sins and faithful ,it is a fire that saves life . It is a fir teaching e that destroys life for those who violates the will of God. The EOC shares the same teaching with Syriac Orthodox Church, while the Coptic Orthodox Church rejects it. Some Scholars of EOC, shared the teaching Coptic Church by citing some scriptures as a reference. The faithful that participate in the Holy Communion but with sinful thoughts in the mind and therefore will have to endure death and condemnation.

        For further information regarding this issue, I am ready to respond.

        Solomon Wondimu
        Ethiopia
        Addis Ababa