Re: Mor Yakoub Burdhono, the Sculptor of the Syrian Orthodox Church

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2009
      When they nick-named us Jacobites we nick-named them Leyonier (followers of Pope Leo)

      In St.Luke 1:33, it is stated, Lord Jesus will be the King of the House of Jacob for ever. As the reference is to the people of Israel, the Word of God could have used the words the House of Israel. However, the Word of God prefers here Jacob  to Israel.  So the New Israel (the Holy Church) can very well use the title Jacobite Church (Yaaco-baaya Sabha ) As we use the Syriac Litergy, the name of the Church can be legitimately Jacobite Syriac Church (Yaaco-baaya Suriyaani Sabha)  The word Syrian is changed as Syriac due to political reasons as otherwise it may fetch the meaning " of the Nation of Syria"

      Yours in Him
      V T John
      ID 3085