Mor Yakoub Burdhono, the Sculptor of the Syrian Orthodox Church

  • Ypdkno Dr.Paul Samuel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2009
      Mor Yakoub Burdhono, the Sculptor of the Syrian Orthodox Church

      by Ypdkno Dr.Paul Samuel

      Syrian Orthodox Christians are really very proud to bear the nickname 'Jacobites' as the name lends to the most powerful and magnanimous figure in the history of the Syrian Orthodox Church. Each of its members is delighted to hear this name being called. The name Jacobites were given to us as a nickname because we were the followers of Mar Yakoub Burdhono. As we celebrate the 'dukhrono' of our church's most important and the most eminent Bishop on Nov.28, I would like to share you some facts about this name and other important incidents associated with the name Jacob and our Holy Church.

      To read more
      http://www.socdigest.org/articles/04nov09.html