SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 35

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 35

      Page 230

      It might have been wiser for Mor Theophilos Philipose if he had
      honored the just feelings of the Ankamali Diocese which cherished
      a `Valia Thirumeni' tradition or had influenced the Synod or had
      resigned from his bishopric, rather than vainly hoping that all would
      be alright through disciplinary actions. His attempts to transfer Fr
      George Parathuvayalil, was an utter failure, which should have been
      an eye opener to him to learn that the Ankamali diocese was neither
      Kollam nor Thumpamon. For the first time in Kerala, a cleric-Fr
      Ouseph Pathikal of Perumbavoor argued in a Court of Law and won his
      case!

      The Holy Father demands explanation

      On 30-1-74, the Holy Father demanded from the Catholicos explanations
      on 13 points. It was the secretary o the Synod who replied on 5-3-74
      stating that the Catholicos had handed over the Patriarchal Kalpana
      to the Synod requesting it to discuss the same in his absence; and
      that the Synod, presided by Mor Ivanios found that all the
      allegations were baseless and that the authority to frame allegations
      and to take decisions rested with the Malankara Synod and not with
      the Patriarch. Abraham Mor Clemis and Paulose Mor Philixenos had
      boycotted the meeting earlier and had given notice that they would
      never subscribe to, or approve of the Throne of St Thomas.