Did Judas Partake of Holy Communion?

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2009
      Did Judas Partake of Holy Communion?

      In Christ
      Aji Thomas David
      ID - 4088
      --------------------------------
      Der moderators
      Hats off to all Moderators of this forum.
      Keep going, our prayers assured for the huge success in the coming years.
    • Michael Poe
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 18, 2009
        Dear family in Christ,

        It can be seen in the Holy Gospel of Luke that if one reads the eucharistic narrative from verse 19-21 that Judas was still present at the table after our Lord transformed the bread into his Holy body and Gave it to his apostles and likewise with the wine which he transformed into his Holy Blood. After this first Eucharist celebrated by our Lord and continued to this day at his Holy command it is said in verse 21 after the Eucharist was celebrated that "And yet,the hand of him that betrays me is on the table". This is verse 21 which clearly indicates Judas had partaken of the fist Eucharist and was still present at the table after. This is a interesting question.Due to the fact that our Lord is omnipotent and all knowing he knew in his divinity that Judas was to betray him ahead of time and this was essential to fulfill the prophecies that lead to our Lord's salvational crucifiction on the cross and his redeeming ressurection for our eternal salvation.

        In Christ,
        Michael.
        4172
      • Issac K Joseph
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2009
          Dear Aji / Michael
          This subject is well explained by H.E. Metropolitan Pishoy of Coptic Church in the following link

          http://www.coptichymns.net/module-library-viewpub-tid-1-pid-675.html

          As per Metropolitan
          "As mentioned, Saint Luke, for various events in the gospel, narrates according to subject matter rather than order of occurrence. In all gospels, if we study the sequential order of events concerning the going out of Judas from the upper room where the Passover supper took place, it is obvious that the Holy Bible denies that Judas Iscariot partook of the divine sacrament of the Eucharist because of his unworthiness. The Lord attempted to lead him to repentance, but he refused. Therefore, Christ the Lord prevented him from sharing in the communion of the Holy Sacrament. This wisdom of the Lord is marvelous, and we hope to learn from it."

          Do the SOC follow the same teaching?

          In Christ
          Issac K Joseph
          # 0917

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Michael Poe wrote:

          > Dear family in Christ,
          >
          > It can be seen in the Holy Gospel of Luke that if one reads the eucharistic narrative from verse 19-21 that Judas was still present at the table after our Lord transformed the bread into his Holy body and Gave it to his apostles and likewise with the wine which he transformed into his Holy Blood. After this first Eucharist celebrated by our Lord and continued to this day at his Holy command it is said in verse 21 after the Eucharist was celebrated that "And yet,the hand of him that betrays me is on the table". This is verse 21 which clearly indicates Judas had partaken of the fist Eucharist and was still present at the table after. This is a interesting question.Due to the fact that our Lord is omnipotent and all knowing he knew in his divinity that Judas was to betray him ahead of time and this was essential to fulfill the prophecies that lead to our Lord's salvational crucifiction on the cross and his redeeming ressurection for our eternal salvation.

        • Essahaak
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2009
            Beloved In Jesus Christ our Savior,

            As we are the the holy temple of God, must follow the preaching of Jesus. My dear, am ardent follower of Syrian Christian follower, it is highly appreciated if you clarify whether the fight between churches?

            If am not mistaken,it happens due to lack of Holiness, our Lord suffered up to cross and when ever there is chance to see Holy cross, Jesus asking you,"this much I done for you.. what you did for me..?"

            Am an Orthodox Jacobite Syrian Christian working in non-orthodox company, Lord God appointed His blessed priest and saints for my help, Not boasting myself really it happened.

            I do believe in our fore-fathers who revealed Jesus through their life...Do not go after history, just see the life of St.Greevarghese Mar Gregorius (Parumala Kochuthirumeni), St.Ignatius Elias III rd ...and the like.

            Much it grieved my heart by the way and life of recent preachers (Bishops), they want only money, never they took pain to hear and solve the problem of lay man and enjoyment is their motto...so I was forced to hear doctrines by "Pendikos division"..am not a judge, but my father in Heaven is the only one Judge, (JEHOVAH)

            Remember Jehovah is Jealous God...

            Love in Christ,
            Esahaak
            ========================
            From the desk of the Moderator:

          • Benny
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 23, 2009
              Dear All.

              With regards to the sub point, let me narrate my views .

              "A tree is known by its fruit.." , This was the verses from Jesus Christ once he met Judas in the first time. Judas, was trying to provoke/tempt our Lord Jesus Christ into worldly matters, in order to form a so called regime by overthrowing ,Romans/Herods/Chief Preists.( 3 powers in that area). Once, Judas failed to do that , he ran to the chief priests and threw the 30 coins and screamed them not to kill his master that also end up in vain. Thus at last opt for the suicide, a deep dark way.

              What we could understand from this is the thinking within Judas was
              satanic. Even Devil(satan) offered Jesus Christ kingdoms in earth in
              the temptation after 40 days fasting. In other words , satan used the
              same old tactics through Judas aswell to tempt Jesus Christ from Holy
              Cross (a salvation plan to mankind set up by God the father to give the fruit of life). This attempt of temptation to Jesus Christ continued even while he was on the cross by saying "If you are son of God, come down from Cross".

              Now let us look into the question of partake of Holy communion.

              Yes , Judas had taken the holy communion. Pls refer notes from Mathew
              26 -21-23. But the result generated as per the Gospel by taking Holy
              communion was as this "He went in to the darkness"
              ***
              When evening had come, He sat down with the twelve. 21 Now as they were eating, He said, "Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me."
              22 And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, "Lord, is it I?"
              23 He answered and said, "He who dipped his hand with Me in the dish
              will betray Me. 24 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of
              Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would
              have been good for that man if he had not been born
              **
              Now, let us think about our participation of Holy communion., We all
              need to deviate from the path of Judas. We should confess in full before taking Holy communion. If a person with hatred in the mind and if he/she take the holy communion , the end result would be multiplication of Hat redness. That is instead of heavenly peace, he/she immersed into deep darkness.

              Repent for the sins and confess in full, then Holy Spirit shall lead us in to the Light...in to the True light. Read Holy Bible twice a day or minimum once.

              May God shower grace to all.

              Benny
              ID 4190