Berek Aloho

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2009
      Berek Aloho,

      God bless everyone in this group and all true Orthodox Christians. My name is Michael and I am an Orthodox christian living in Minneapolis Minnesota in the usa. I was raised Byzantine Orthodox but entered the Oriental Orthodox church in my twenties due to my deep love and spiritual connections with the ancient, Oriental Orthodox churches. I am particularly drawn to the Syrian Orthodox church due to it's exalted status as being the daughter church of the original church of Jerusalem, which transfered to Antioch early in the Apostolic age. I attended a Coptic church for a long time and was ordained a deacon by the thrice blessed Bishop Karras of St.Antonys Coptic Orthodox monastery in the mid 90s. Due to linguistic reasons I have been attending a Eastern Orthodox church again because the liturgy is in English.

      Iv'e always had a deep spiritual connection with the Syrian Orthodox church and its being the most ancient and pure Orthodox church celebrating the original divine liturgy of St.James in our Lord's language, Aramaic. There isnt a Syrian Orthodox church here in Minneapolis-St.Paul as far as I could find. All the other Oriental Orthodox churches have a church here(Coptic, Ethiopian, Armenian)but no Syrian Orthodox church or Malankara Syriac Orthodox church.

      Does anyone know about maybe there being a mission parish up here meeting in another church or building? If anyone knows or could find out for me I would appreciate it.
      Yours in Christ,
      Michael.