Re: How do we address the EX-COMMUNICATED persons ?

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2009
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, BOBY GEORGE PAUL wrote:

      > ATTITTUDE TOWARDS THE EXCOMMUNICATED
      >
      > We should not humiliate those excommunicated from the Holy Church. >They were lost sheep and we must pray for their return. What I >understood is that the excommunicated priests were forbidden to use >their Ecleciastical powers and not eligible to enjoy the >priestly/spiritual powers henceforth enjoyed by them. Once ordained, >the Holy priesthood is not taken back from them, but what happens is >just they are prohibited to use the same in the Holy Church.

      Dear brother Boby

      I think you are wrong, please read the SALMUSA Parumala Thirumeni, section 9 of SALMUSA

      http://sor.cua.edu/Personage/MGregoriusGChathuruthil/18761216shalmootho.html

      9.Again, for the judgment according to the righteous judgements of the Holy Spirit, and as the Evangelion commands "all that you bind on earth shall be bound also in heaven", and according to the authority bestowed on Your Holiness by God, I will not only become eligible to be expelled from your presence, judged and removed from my position; if I modify or alter this document that I have written myself of my own volition or any of the pledges stated above, it is just that Your Holiness proclaim that I am fraudulent, so that no one trusts my word.

      In Malayalam
      http://syrianchurch.org/StGG/salmusa_StGregorios.pdf

      It is very clearly stated, His Holiness has the authority to take away priesthood from the excommunicated priest or a bishop.

      In Christ
      Aji Thomas David
      ID - 4088