Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1455 , Nov 5, 2009
      "Mary, the Mother of God,...being pre-ordained by the eternal prescient counsel of God and imaged forth and proclaimed in diverse images and discourses of the prophets through the Holy Spirit, sprang at the pre-determined time from the root of David, according to the promises that were made to him. 'For the Lord hath sworn, He saith in truth to David, He will not turn from it: of the fruit of Thy body will I set upon Thy throne' (Ps. 132:11). And again, 'Once have I sworn by My holiness, that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure forever, and His throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven' (Ps. 139:35-37). And Isaiah says: 'And there shall come out a rod out of the stem of Jesse and a branch shall grow out of his roots' (Isaiah 11:1)."

      St. John of Damascus.

      "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1455 of 1455 , Aug 19 7:49 PM

        "Oh, how could heaven receive one who is called `wider than the heavens?' How could a grave contain the one who contained God? Yet surely it did receive her, surely it did make room for her; for that body was not `wider than heaven' in any spatial sense. |How, after all, can something three cubits long, something that grows more frail each day, be compared with the breadth and length of heaven? But in grace, surely, she surpassed the measure of every height and depth; for nothing can be compared with what is divine. O sacred, wonderful, august and adorable monument! Angels come to venerate it, standing by in much reverence and holy fear; the demons tremble; human beings come forward in faith, showing it honor and worship, venerating it with eyes and lips and yearning of soul, and drinking deep of its inexhaustible store of blessings."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."  Romans 8:6

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.