Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1438 , Nov 5, 2009
      "Mary, the Mother of God,...being pre-ordained by the eternal prescient counsel of God and imaged forth and proclaimed in diverse images and discourses of the prophets through the Holy Spirit, sprang at the pre-determined time from the root of David, according to the promises that were made to him. 'For the Lord hath sworn, He saith in truth to David, He will not turn from it: of the fruit of Thy body will I set upon Thy throne' (Ps. 132:11). And again, 'Once have I sworn by My holiness, that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure forever, and His throne as the sun before Me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven' (Ps. 139:35-37). And Isaiah says: 'And there shall come out a rod out of the stem of Jesse and a branch shall grow out of his roots' (Isaiah 11:1)."

      St. John of Damascus.

      "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1438 of 1438 , Jul 27

        "When he saw the great lawlessness of men, and the great love of God for man, The prophet Elijah was provoked and angered And cast pitiless words at the God of great pity, saying `Make Thy anger felt against those who now disregard Thee, most just Judge.' But in no way did he change the heart of the good Lord for the chastisement of those who had scorned Him; for always He awaits the repentance of all men, The only Friend of Man."

           St. Romanos the Melodist.

        "Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint."  Proverbs 23:4

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad