Re: Is Lord given a chance to Adam and Eve to repent on their mistake?

  • Sajan Mathew
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
      Dear Moderator

      As far as I think logically ( I am not a learned person on this matter)- god used to visit them regularly in the evenings. So he did the same thing that day also. It was not possible for them to repent and go back to their normalcy for the reason that "papathinte sambalam maranam" - they sined and their fate was sealed and no amount of time would have saved them.

      Becasue it was possible only through the crucification of a man *who has not sinned, which subsequently happened* that is divine justice. Divine justice demanded death for SIN, but the same justice offered himself instead of the sinners. It is like "the rules cannot be diluted or replaced, but since I love you, you need not suffer, let me suffer that FOR YOU, kind of justice prevalied"

      2. The first sacrifice took place there itself. When they felt ashamed of their nakedness the benovelent father made dress for them out of SKIN. Pithavaya daivam avare "THOLU KONDULLA VASTRAM DHARIPICHU" that is, a lamb or some sort of an animal sacrifice started there it self which lasted till the sacrifice of his SON at Kalvari.

      Sajan Mathew
      Chingavanam
      4071

      On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:45 PM, <> wrote:

      > Dear Moderators
      >
      > In Genesis 3:8 "And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the
      > garden IN THE COOL OF THE DAY: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the
      > presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden."

    • Eldho Varghese
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
        Dear Aji

        Repentance need only one minute time to repent. but God wait up to the cool of the day, as the word says....... here Adam and Eve did not repent until and after the moment in which God questioned them, but the thief, who was crucified with Jesus had repentence at the cruz itself. please not the attitude of adam and eve in this context.

        From the desk of the Moderator:

      • Aji Thomas David
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
          Dear moderator and members

          Thanks for those all who reply for my query.

          I have one more doubt from the same verse. At end of the verse, it is written "Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God AMONGST THE TREES OF THE GARDEN"

          Why they hide amongst the trees? Why not hide behind some rocks? Is any reason?

          In Christ
          Aji Thomas David
          ID - 4088