The Orthodox Youth Conference, Sweden

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      During the daily conference held by the Swedish organization Bilda, the three Orthodox youth organizations were represented by their youth - about 250 hopeful youth. The two arch dioceses of the Syrian Orthodox church and the arch diocese of the Coptic Orthodox church in Sweden were together making history. Blessings for this day where all given by the three bishops.

      The day started with breakfast and directly after the first lecture was given by the new Coptic Orthodox bishop in Sweden His Eminence Abakir. He talked about how strong your faith really is, and how much it shows in your love towards others and yourself. We were greatly honored to listen to His Eminence, who you could tell really loves the youth, and lives a happy and loving life.

      Another lecture was given by Father Samuel Issa with the subject “Jesus in your life”. Before the lecture started His Holiness Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas had a message to give to our youth. This was taped during Melthodhaye’s visit in the monastery of St Ephem in Ma’arrat Saydnaya. This will of course all so be up on the tube very soon.

      During the day you could of listen to two of four workshops held by youth representing the three youth organizations; Why are prayers important?", "What does eternal life mean?", "How can I get deeper in my spiritual life?", "What does it mean to serve?"

      The day ended with a lot of hugs and exchanging numbers and facebook contacts. To have people serve the church, like many of youth who came, means that everything is possible with the love and faith to our Lord Jesus Christ.

      “For whoever is not against us is for us”, Mark 9:40

      Source: http://www.melthodhaye.com