SABHA CHARITHRAM PART 33

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2002
      Shlomo,

      Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
      people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
      Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
      Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

      I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
      so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
      this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
      of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
      this context) have been written along with my very small observations
      in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
      I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
      exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

      Aloho Ahmuch ………….

      Dipu George

      THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

      PART 33

      Page 226

      A memorandum was submitted to the Catholicos signed by 85 priests of
      the Church demanding clarification of the stand taken by him and the
      Synod; but the Synod kept silent.
      The Synod's decision of 15th May 1973 had been so impudent as to warn
      the Patriarch that by the appointment of the Delegate in
      contravention of the Constitution and by consecration of the bishops
      as rumored the Patriarch should not sever His relation with the
      Malankara Church.

      The Synod could boast that it succeeded in its efforts in sending
      back the Delegate when the SP of Kollam District ordered him to leave
      the country within 15 days since 17-11-72.