Sacred Tomb of Saints

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
      Greetings to All
      Being a regular visitor to the tomb and benefactor of the intersession of Saint Parumala Thirumeni, it did sadden me few times in our forum when some did write against visiting and putting offerings there. I could well understand their feelings which happened only due to their deep love to our church but not at all due to their lack of faith or respect to the great saint of SOC. I kept silent though I was fully convinced that their understanding is wrong.
      But when I went trough the October edition of "viswasasamrakshakan" I felt so happy to see a teaching of "Valiya Thirumeni on page 3 heading "Kaanikka arpikkendathinte Aavasyakatha". Valiya thirumeni was emphatic in stating that we should visit the saint's tomb, submit our prayers, light candles as well as put our offerings. It is our duty and if the authorities there are misusing these offerings- against the teachings of the saint and the will of God, THEY WILL BE absolutely answerable. We all know that the Devalokam group is using this kaanikka to file court cases against SOC and closing down of our churches, but that should not be our reason for not visiting the saint's tomb nor for putting our offerings. Let us leave the judging part to the One Above and be blessed with the prayers of our saints.

      Kochu Thirumeni please pray for us.
      Valiya Thirumeni please pray for us.

      Requesting prayers

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908
    • Paul Joshy
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
        Daer Shinu,
        Your onservation about visiting Parumalapally and giving offering are
        absolutely correct. Let Thirumeni gives the right anwser to those who spend money against the wishes of the Thirumeni(We can see nowadays the fruit of that like the murder and the cour-case of the responsible persons). But my question is that why can't we build relatively a big church near to the Parumala pally so that those who dodn' want give offerings to hands of Devalokam group can contribute to the benefit of our church. I belive almost 50percent of the visitors to the tomb are Jacobites. And if we build a church nearby all most all the believers will defenetly visit to our church including non-hardcore IOCians. Today we have enough money and physical capacity to build such a church in Parumala.

        J M. Paul
      • Cecil.K.Varughese
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
          Dear Shinuand all

          I accept the importance of putting offering at the tomb of our Saints, but, I cannot accept that theory at Parumala IOCchurch. You can give that money in the name of Parumala Tirumenito your own church,  or any other SOC in the name of St.Gregorious; you can do any charity work in thename of our Saint Parumaltirumeni insteadof putting it in to the devalokam neerchapetty. I always lit candles and pray in front of the Tomb of Parumala tirumeni. Since I believe the sacraments performed by IOC priest are not valid I do not give names for holy Qurbana at Parumala IOC church office. Until H.H. Patriarch Bava lifts the excommunication of IOC I will do the same. I am not forcing any one to do the same, this is only my belief

          Cecil.K.Varughese
          Houston
          ID#890
        • Paul Joshy
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2009
            Dear Jose,

            I repeat my request on this issue of offerings at Parumalapally that the best way to stop reaching the money at the hands of the IOC people given by the Jacobites is to construct relatively a big church adjacent to Parumalpally in the name of St. Gregorios under the supervision of the Catholicose. That money can be used exclusively for the social activity entrusted upon the Catholicose . I believe those who go to the tomb will put their money at the nerchapetty of the current parumalapally, that we can't restrict the believers.

            With Prayers

            J M. Paul
            -#1040
          • Cecil.K.Varughese
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
              Dear Mr. Paul,

              I appreciate your idea to redirect the money of believers from IOC church to our own church. In the southern diocese Niramanm Thumpamon Kollam I OC has not only money power but also muscle power. Suppose we are planned to construct a new church adjacent to Parumala church they will react in many ways. Firstly, they obtain a stay for the construction ( Ayiram roopayum malloorum  undangil…………) If somebody open a foreign liquor shop sometimes they will not react but,  Jacobites church they don’t allow.  Ultimately one more case will be against our H.B. Bava. We can’t restrict believers, correct, but we can educate our children in our home and home parish.

              Cecil.K.Varughese
              ID# 890
              Houston
            • Paul Joshy
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2009
                Dear Cecil

                I think we should change our mindset then we can construct a church in
                Parumala. I agree with you the problem we would face when we initiate the project. Your arguement " ...they(IOC) will react in many ways..... they will not react(for a liquor shop) but, Jacobites church they don’t allow.

                Ultimately one more case will be against our H.B. Bava", i feel it could have happend during the 1970s to 1990s, but now we have the political influence and money power, though IOC is strong in the southern area. What my feeling is that "if there is a will there is a way" that we need to do. Importantly in any of the Case in which our Bawa is accused of has been convicted by the court , some are pending while some are outrightly rejected by the court.

                J M Paul
                #1040.