Re: Pitiable state of our church

  • George Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2002
      > Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:27:49 +0300
      > From: Varghese George
      > Subject: Re: Pitiable state of our church
      > The present state of the church is pitiable.
      > Who created this situation ?
      > It is created by Dr. Thomas Athanasiose , Trichur
      > Milithiose and Abraham
      > Sevariose Problems are only in places where they
      > have very little support.
      I fail to see how these three bishops caused the rift
      in the church. Who has the right to question their
      reasons for joining the Orthodox side? I thought
      people have the God-given freedom of choice. It was
      their decision and although YOU may not agree or
      approve, we must all respect THEIR decision.
      There was a deacon in the Orthodox side some years ago
      who was not ordained priest for a number of reasons.
      He approached a bishop on the Syrian side and was
      ordained to priest. When questioned by parish members
      about why he changed sides, his response was that it
      was his personal choice. It then becomes no one's
      issue other than this priests'. Isn't it true for
      these three bishops as well? Does the laity now have
      the right to judge based on the decisions made by
      these three bishops? What if every decision you made
      were questioned by the people around you and you were
      unnecessarily ridiculed?
      Let us leave this before the throne of God and
      allow His will (not our own selfish reasons and
      motives) be done. There can only be peace and success
      if people stop criticizing and ridiculing and pray,
      pray, pray!
      Dn. George Mathew