Valia Thirumeni - Shining Star of Malankara Church

  • Dr.George K John
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2009
      Dear Respected and Loved ones,

      Valia Thirumeni was the first bishop who took me in hands and blessed. After ordaining my father Thirumeni appointed him as the Vicar of Arthat Churches and asked to conduct the Arthat Pally case. I remember an incident my father narrated. There was fund shortage for conducting the case in Trichur District court. After the death of my mother, father was so upset and when he had to pay huge sum to the advocate he went to Alwaye to see thirumeni. Thirumeni was weeping while asking about my mother and we kids. When father presented the fund problem thirumeni called semmachan and asked to take 'Kurishumala' and give to my father to sell for money. My father was unable to accept that holy cross to sell and returned without money. Valia thirumeni was ready to leave every thing to fight for the church.

      While going to Alwaye seminary I used to stand in front of the window and look at thirumeni's tomb. The saint who gave every thing to us was denied the public approach and kept the holy place got ruined.

      Today, valia thirumeni lives in the hearts of every one when the approach to saints tomb is blocked.

      We can continue our tearful prayers to remove the dark clouds of hatreds from the children of St. Thomas.

      with prayers
      P.George K.John