Athanasius

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2009
      Everything created by God is good and pure, for the Word of God has created nothing useless or unclean. For according to the Apostle, ‘we are a sweet savor of Christ in them that are being saved’ (2 Cor. 2:15). But the darts of the devil are varied and subtle, and he is always ready to trouble those of a simpler mind, and hinder the ordinary ascesis of the brethren, scattering among them thoughts of uncleanness and defilement.

      Athanasius, Letter to Amoun
      From the Monastic Letters of Saint Athanasius the Great
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2882837
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2010
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

        For by the sacrifice of His own body He did two things: He put an end to the law of death which barred our way; and He made a new beginning of life for us, by giving us the hope of resurrection.

        By man death has gained its power over men; by the Word made Man death has been destroyed and life raised up anew.

        Athanasius
        On the Incarnation,
      • Mark Sedrak
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
          Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

          Have no fears then. Now that the common Savior of all has died on our behalf, we who believein Christ no longer die, as men died aforetime, in fulfillment of the threat of the law.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2012
            Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen!

            We see that the radiance from the sun is integral to it, and that the substance of the sun is not divided or diminished; but it is entire, and its radiance perfect and entire, and the radiance does not diminish the substance of the light, but as it were a genuine offspring from it. Thus we see that the Son is begotten not from without, but from the Father and the Father remains entire, while the stamp of His substance� (Hebrews 1:3) exists always and preserves the likeness and image without alteration.

            Athanasius, Four Discourses Against the Arians, 2.33
            From: Learning Theology with the Church Fathers
            http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/6860196/learning-theology-with-the-church-fathers